The UTS-1 is compatible with iPhone 12 and MagSafe designs up to 20mm (0.8″). iPhone 12 Pro Max compatibility and performance may be reduced due to additional camera module thickness.
The presence of magnets in the iPhone 12 series creates more interference with our charging signal meaning the overall charging distance needs to be reduced to 18-20mm (0.71″ – 0.80″) to improve compatibility.
iPhone 12 charge times can vary significantly depending on camera module dimensions, placement accuracy and additional MagSafe Case usage. All iPhone 12 models enter a slower charging mode once the battery level exceeds 80% due to battery and software limitations set by Apple. A combination of these conditions may result in devices not being fully charged to 100% after a full overnight charge.
For best charging results please charge without a MagSafe case as this further increases magnetic interference and charging distance.
Support.Apple.com states the following:
- When charging a non-MagSafe Qi-compatible device with a MagSafe Charger, power is reduced and charge times may be slower than on a typical Qi charger.
- If your iPhone is connected to both a MagSafe Charger and power via a Lightning port, your iPhone will charge via the Lightning connector.
- As with other wireless chargers, your iPhone or MagSafe Charger might get slightly warmer while your iPhone charges. To extend the lifespan of your battery, if the battery gets too warm, software might limit charging above 80 percent.
Yes . Shipping is calculated at checkout but if shipping to your country does not show – please send us a message on social media or firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.
no – I’m afraid we cannot ship to PO Boxes
Kew Labs operates a 30 day returns policy.
No it is not optimised for AirPods. The coils in the AirPods are too small for effective charging at long distances. Distances below 20mm can achieve some charge but it is not recommended to be bought for this purpose.
The key difference is the charging distance between iPhone 12 and all other iPhone models – if this is the case, please choose iPhone 12 and ensure your surface thickness is no greater than 20mm (0.80″).
The UTS-1 will work for both types of devices. The key difference is the charging distance between iPhone 12 and all other Android’s and iPhones – if this is the case, please choose iPhone 12 and ensure your surface thickness is no greater than 20mm (0.80″).
the thin and standard UTS-1 version’s will depend on the thickness of your table – please measure your table and choose appropriately.
Please only choose the correct thickness version for your table. For example – buying the standard version (0.7″-1.0″) when your table is within the ‘thin’ parameters (0.39″-0.66″) will not ‘work better’ – this is because the standard unit is too powerful for short range charging. The unit will not turn on if this happens.
- Please ensure the power adapter is plugged in all the way.
- If No 1. does achieve a solid light – please unplug and re-plug in the power cable to the unit.
- Please plug in the charger to a single point power (not a multi-plug extension cable) if it is not already so and check again.
- A flashing LED is therefore an electrical system fault error( please see LED indication section (Page 12) on the user instructions.
- If you have a phone case, it is flat and does not contain any metal, centrally located magnets, card holders, pop sockets or kickstands.
- Ensure your phone is aligned as centrally as possible.
- Check if your phone is Qi wirelessly charging enabled.
- Check your sticker position through recalibration.
- Check your table thickness is within the stated performance range.
The time taken to beep is determined by how accurately you have positioned your device. A center position will beep faster than a misaligned placement or at greater distances, i.e.
25mm (1.0”). Thicker cases can also cause longer recognition time and therefore longer time to beep. Recalibrate if necessary to improve sticker position or center your device on the sticker more accurately to get a better alignment.
The UTS-1 is designed to recognise and react to temperature changes within your phone which can occur after extra long charging periods of 3 hours or more. In these instances, the charger may enter a standby mode to allow your device to cool if required by your phone until the device requests more power. This feature ensures better battery health and longevity for your phone.
Increased phone temperatures during wireless charging are normal during longer charging sessions. Our IPC™ technology is designed to minimise phone heating however, if your phone is hotter than usual, please ensure you have aligned it correctly and try again.
Yes – if you would prefer or need to use the charger without the audio confirmation buzzer system, you are able to turn it off. However, without the audio confirmation, your phone is not necessarily charging just through the charging indication on your screen. If you choose to use the device without the buzzer, please ensure your alignment and setup is correct and accurate.
- To disable the buzzer.
- Switch your height toggle switch to calibration mode and switch back to your original height position and listen for the number of audio beeps
- Repeat again to disable or enable depending on preference.
Different phone models have different battery sizes and charging profiles therefore take different amounts of time to charge, with large batteries especially taking longer. Charging speeds may also slow at ≥80% in IOS models due to Apple software requirements designed to limit battery deterioration during wireless charging.
The UTS-1 recognises IOS charging signals and corresponds by adapting charging speeds until your device requests more power. Please try turning OFF ‘Optimised Battery Charging’ in your ‘Settings’.
Charging speeds will also vary depending on the surface thickness. Thicker surfaces will reduce charging efficiency due to the greater distance the charging signal needs to travel.